Detox and Prosper: The Mission
The list of toxins that threaten our health is growing bigger every day, but information about their consequences is not.
At Detox and Prosper, we aim to change that.
We are a team of doctors, nutritionists, master herbalists, researchers and more who all share a common goal:
To help you thrive and live the life you deserve by eliminating toxins in your body, food and home.
We do this by providing unbiased, research-backed information in the areas of nutrition, detoxing, natural remedies and more.
Our goal is not to tell you what to do, but to simply present the evidence on any given topic so that you can then make an informed decision as your own health advocate.
Meet the Team
Jordan – Founder and CEO
For the past 7 years, Jordan has been hired by health and wellness companies to scour medical journals and pour through studies to separate fact from fiction in the wellness community.
At just 6 years old, she contracted Lyme disease, which went untreated until 20 years later. A series of “perfect storms” between 2014-2017 sent her health spiraling out of control. By the end of 2017, she had been diagnosed with over 7 chronic conditions, including SIBO, adrenal fatigue, autoimmune disease and more.
Once she started removing toxins from her environment and body, her health began to change for the better.
Now she’s on a mission to share how others can finally live well with less toxins through proven methods.
Dr. Huma Rasheed, M.B.B.S
Dr. Rasheed is a qualified medical professional who earned her bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery in the year 2006 from renowned medical school, Hamdard College of Medicine and Dentistry.
She completed her training in internal medicine at a tertiary care hospital of Pakistan. Her areas of interest include Internal Medicine, Psychiatry and Substance abuse, Gastroenterology, and Hematology.
Her current areas of research include fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, sleep disorders, and medical marijuana.
Dr. Rasheed is also a member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA) and has worked as a proofreader for medical books, including the USMLE First Aid 2015 Edition and Canadian medical licensing books.
2017 was a rough year.
Thousands spent on tests….with money we didn’t have.
Boxes full of supplements….most didn’t work.
Hours spent driving to specialists….and nights away from my babies.
Tear-filled appointments….with one too many doctors.
If you suffer from unexplained symptoms or an invisible illness, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Maybe you have chronic fatigue.
Maybe you have painful digestive symptoms with no idea why.
Maybe you’ve been to several doctors but left with no answers.
Whatever the case may be, you’ve realized that no one will fight for your health like you will. So you’ve decided to take a proactive role. You’re becoming your own health advocate by equipping yourself with knowledge. You’re tired of just surviving, and you’re ready to thrive.
Me too, friend.
By the end of 2017, I had been diagnosed with over 7 conditions:
- Chronic Lyme Disease with Co-Infections
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Candida Overgrowth
- Epstein Barr
- Leaky Gut
- Autoimmune Disorders
In mid 2017, I began my journey of natural healing, getting to the root cause of my illnesses and reversing them one small change at a time.
I started Detox & Prosper to provide research and information for those of you struggling with your health – to help you discover how our bodies work so you can then use that information to thrive again.
It can be an overwhelming process, but focusing on one step and/or change at a time has helped me tremendously, and that’s how I hope to help you!
With all that said…
I’m not defined by my illness. And neither are you.
- I’m a wife and homeschooling mama to 3 sweet kiddos (yes, if you look at the picture above, you’ll see we need a new family picture #momfail)
- In high school I was known as the girl who always had a jar of peanut butter, a Hershey’s bar and a butter knife to spread it with in her purse. My Standard American Diet (SAD…ironic, right?) played a major role in my ill health. Fortunately, diet changes really aren’t as difficult as everyone makes them out to be.
- I’m an avid researcher and want to know the “why” behind everything. Over the past 7 years, I’ve been hired to research and write for many health and wellness companies.
- I gave birth to my last two babies in a pool of water in our home.
- I use to be an “extreme couponer.” It was so rewarding coming home with a car full of bags and a receipt less than $10. I don’t do it so much anymore because they don’t put out many coupons for whole foods. We still lead a very frugal lifestyle though, and I love the challenge of wholesome living on a budget.
- I’ve learned a lot on this journey with Chronic Lyme. I’m sure we’ll talk about that on the blog, but there’s one thing I’d like to share with you here. I learned the true meaning of 2 Corinthians 12:9 – “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Friend, I’m here to tell you that God’s grace is truly sufficient, and His strength can be made perfect at your weakest hour. For that I’m very, very thankful. Want to learn more about my source of strength? Click here.
I hope you join me on this journey of living healthier one simple step at a time. To help, I’ve created an exclusive FREE Detox Library that I’m always adding to. So far, it’s filled with ebooks, meal plans, detox protocols and more. Get your password for it below!
Unlock Access to the Free Ultimate Detox Library!
Latest on the Blog
The bathroom - or at least what’s in it - is quite possibly one of the most toxic rooms in any house. So let’s kick off our 7 Day “Detox Your Home” Challenge by detoxing your bathroom and creating a personal care safe haven! The reason bathrooms tend to be loaded with...read more
Are you feeling worn out? Low on energy? Do the days seem to drag by, and no matter how much sleep you get, it never seems like it is enough? If this sounds like you, keep reading! Learn how schisandra chinensis benefits over 6 vital body functions. What...read more
Do you tend to worry? Do you have a hard time coping with stress? If you answered yes, you may have a mutation within your COMT gene. It's really not as scary as it sounds, and there are things you can do to alter the effects this gene has on your life. What Is a...read more